Information We Collect
As a consumer products company, we only need enough information for your to purchase and for us to ship you your quality products. Such information can include: Personal Information When buying on Beluga’s website, you will be providing personal information to us. This information may, but is not limited to, your name, e-mail address, home/business mailing address, business information, phone number, passions that drive you, and credit card information. Such information is collected in a variety of ways including, but not limited to, when visiting our Site, register on the Site, place an order, subscribe to the newsletter, give us a high five, respond to a survey, fill out a form, and in connection with other activities, services, features, or resources we make available on our Site. Some of your information we may also store in third party marketing, advertising, or tracking programs to contact you about our Site and Service.
Photography uploaded or sent to us by you may be used on the Beluga website and in marketing materials to let the world know of your amazingness. Non-personal Information Beluga may collect non-personal information about you whenever you interact with our Site. Non-personal information may include your interaction with the Site, the type of computer, and technical information about your means of connection to our Site, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized. Additionally, Beluga uses your Internet Protocol (IP) address to help diagnose problems with our computer server, and to administer the Site. Your IP is used to help identify you, and to gather broad demographic data. Your IP address contains no personal information about you.
A cookie is a small amount of data that is sent to your browser from a web server and stored on your computer’s hard drive for record-keeping purposes and sometimes to track information about them. Our Site may use “cookies” to enhance User experience. Cookies can be disabled or controlled by setting a preference within your web browser, but note that some parts of the Site may not function properly.
How We Use Collected Information
Beluga Shave Co. LLC may collect and use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To improve customer service. Information you provide helps us respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
- To personalize user experience. We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Users as a group use the services and resources provided on our Site.
- To improve our Site. We may use feedback you provide to improve our products and services.
- To process payments. We may use the information Users provide about themselves when placing an order only to provide service to that order. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to provide the service.
- To run a promotion, contest, survey or other Site feature.
- To send Users information they agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to them.
- To send periodic emails. We may use the provided email address to send visitors and members information and updates pertaining to their order. It may also be used to respond to their inquiries, questions, and/or other requests. If a visitor or member decides to opt-in to our mailing list, they will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
How we protect your information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site. Sensitive and private data exchange between the Site and you happens over a SSL secured communication channel and is encrypted and protected with digital signatures.
Sharing your personal information
We do not sell, trade, or rent your personal information to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and members with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above.
Third party websites
Users may find advertising or other content on our Site that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Site. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Site, is subject to that website’s own terms and policies.
Minors – COPPA
If you are under the legal age of 13 years old, do not apply for or submit any personal information to this Site. If you are under the age of 13 years old, cease use of this website immediately because otherwise we will be forced to delete your information. We simply can’t let you because of the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act.
If you are located outside the United States and provide information to us, Beluga Shave Co. LLC transfers Personal Information to the United States and processes it here. Your information may be transferred to, and maintained on, computers located outside your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your jurisdiction.
Your Acceptance Of These Terms
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy and terms of service. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
NOTE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS (ONLINE PRIVACY PROTECTION ACT OF 2003 – OPPA)
Beluga complies with the California Business and Professions Code Sections 22575-22579. If you are a California resident, you must assume that we collect submitted information from all visitors. However, you may request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to any third parties for their direct marketing purpose. You may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
*This document was last updated on October 6th, 2014